LegacyGT.com

Just got 05 LGT Ltd. Need some help.

I just picked up an '05 LGT Ltd 5MT. The car is awesome and i am really glad i waited to find the right car. It was very well taken care of and tastefully modded by the previous owner.

Im trying to find out what the best stuff to use for it is. Such as Oil, Tranny Fluid, Dif Fluid, Filters, Plugs, Plug Wires, etc...

I realize some of this stuff depends on where i live and how i will be driving. Im a Marine Infantryman Machinegunner and will be deploying soon. During that time sept. - april/may time frame the car will be driven by my wife in Michigan. So i need to setup the car for her so she has less to worry about while i am gone. While price really isn't a big deal i want stuff that will last the time.

Any help u guys have would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to get back and start modding out the car.

This is what I'm swapping into my new 2005 LGT, criticism welcomed:

Royal Purple 5w30 motor oil, OEM filter

Redline 75w90NS for the front diff/tranny fluid

Redline 75w90 rear dif

Subaru 'long life' (not super-life) coolant (diluted with distilled water)+Subaru's special sauce stuff

AVO dry air filter

OEM spark plugs (hiring a shop to do this as recommended on this forum) (depending on your mods you might want one step colder plugs)

Hawk HPS brake pads

ATE Super Blue DOT4 brake flush (Super Blue is unnecessary, but I always go overboard on brakes)

and of course...tires...single most important part of an entire car. Wouldn't want to forget about those! I've got Kumho Ecsta ASX's on right now, but I got 6 (SIX!) of those with the car and will probably look around at other options once at the end of the lifespan of those tires.

Godspeed 'over there' even if 'over there' is just Okinawa...The Taliban is better equipped, better trained, and better led than they have ever been, and the REMFs in DC are just making your life hell (don't expect air support!)

This is what I'm swapping into my new 2005 LGT, criticism welcomed:

Royal Purple 5w30 motor oil, OEM filter

Redline 75w90NS for the front diff/tranny fluid

Redline 75w90 rear dif

Subaru 'long life' (not super-life) coolant (diluted with distilled water)+Subaru's special sauce stuff

AVO dry air filter

OEM spark plugs (hiring a shop to do this as recommended on this forum) (depending on your mods you might want one step colder plugs)

Hawk HPS brake pads

ATE Super Blue DOT4 brake flush (Super Blue is unnecessary, but I always go overboard on brakes)

and of course...tires...single most important part of an entire car. Wouldn't want to forget about those! I've got Kumho Ecsta ASX's on right now, but I got 6 (SIX!) of those with the car and will probably look around at other options once at the end of the lifespan of those tires.

Godspeed 'over there' even if 'over there' is just Okinawa...The Taliban is better equipped, better trained, and better led than they have ever been, and the REMFs in DC are just making your life hell (don't expect air support!)

I'd stay away from Royal Purple oil. I had problems in the past with my car loosing over a quart and half between 3k OCI. I switched back to dyno oil and haven't had any problems since.

Im trying to find out what the best stuff to use for it is. Such as Oil, Tranny Fluid, Dif Fluid, Filters, Plugs, Plug Wires, etc...

Let me just say right off the bat that you will get a metric shit ton of suggestions when it comes to engine oil and differential oil suggestions. The answer is there is no such thing as universal "best". There are several great fluids that you can use and it's up to you which to get and who you trust. Any good oil will work, any good diff oil will also work.

Filters? Doesn't make a difference either. OEM or aftermarket, they all work. Wix, NAPA, Purolator, OEM, they are all good.

Plugs? Stick to the NGK brand and stock part number. They are a top brand and you have zero reason to go with something else.

Wires? Don't touch them unless you have a reason.

Coolant? Stick with OEM. The blue is super long life, will last you a while.

Archived