LegacyGT.com

Need advise on storing away my legacy

So I have a feeling this thread might be in the "long-term care" category but I feel theres more traffic here and I will be able to get more opinions.

Okay, here is the story. I will be going out of States for about 5 weeks or so. I bought my car into a dealership to do a last check up before I leave the country; I wanted to be sure the car is in top condition. :wub: I live in an apartment that has underground garage, hence I will be storing my car away in an underground garage. So my question is that, is it worth buying those car covers for my Legacy? And do you guys have any other advises?

I love my Legacy and I want her to get the best treatment.

Then just give it to her... like your wife...NEVER leave her alone as they just hate that!

All you need do (seriously) is disconnect the battery...if that!

pssst If there's any chance you may go to prison for more than a year or two(locked up abroad?)

then jack her up and put her on blocks to take some of the weight off of her feet...

Oh, very important....don't take the keys with you!

Cheers! :D

I'm was an international student in boston, and would have my car stored away for 3 months during the summer.

I parked underground in my complex's garage. I just left the car in gear, handbrake off, battery unplugged and that was it.

I come back from my holidays then would go get my oil changed since its been sitting there for a while.

Also gave the car a spanking good wash.

I'm was an international student in boston, and would have my car stored away for 3 months during the summer.

I parked underground in my complex's garage. I just left the car in gear, handbrake off, battery unplugged and that was it.

I come back from my holidays then would go get my oil changed since its been sitting there for a while.

Also gave the car a spanking good wash.

What does unplugging the battery do to the car? And why did you leave the car in gear and the handbrake off?

Btw do you think I should leave my car at my friend's driveway or in my underground apartment's garage?

Leaving my car in my friend's driveway means that my car will be exposed to the sun but theres no traffic coming through there, that means there is a smaller chance of get my car getting hit by someone else.

unplugging battery so your car doesnt drain ur battery, and you can start the car when you get back.

handbrake off so that the rear brakes dont "stick", since they'll be engaged for however long you have the handbrake on.

car in gear so it doesnt roll around.

i would leave it in underground garage, and park away from big SUV's.

I like to park as close as possible to the wall so there will b more space for whoever is parked next to me

Archived