LegacyGT.com

05 or 07 LGT?

Hoo

Ive been looking for an LGT for a month now and finally found 2 that are a pretty good match for what I am looking for.

1st is an 05 SWP 5MT in northwest pa. 60k miles, maint. records since it was new showing regular maint. at the subaru dealer, 2 owners. Looks to be in fair shape, but haven't been able to see it in person. I talked the salesman into 14.5 tax and tags included.

2nd is a 07 SWP 5MT near dallas, tx. 75k miles, no maint records and 1 owner. Looks to be in perfect shape, but im leery of the high miles with no maint. records. No definite word yet but I should be able to get it for 15.

The 1st is much closer to me (5hr drive), probably has been better maintained and lower miles. However it has lived its whole life in the NW pa winters and im sure it shows it. Also doesn't have folding rear seats, aux-in or the 07 wheels. :rolleyes:

The 2nd obviously has higher miles, but im sure they were highway and it probably never saw any abuse. Im also thinking that the transmission should be in better shape from the nice long open roads. Id have to fly into dallas and bring it back to philidelphia area, but I was looking for a good road trip this summer anyways. Also is in better cosmetic shape, no rust, and has a wingless trunk. It also has a 36m/36k basic and 60m/60k powertrain warranty.

I probably wont put more than 40k miles on either one before I sell it in a few years, but should I really be concerned about the high miles. At this point im at a dead split between the two, but if the 07 had lower miles id already be driving it.

What say yous?

+1^ Also the '07 has a catless UP and the '05 has a cat in the UP reducing your risk of wrecking your turbo...even though I've never seen that be the problem of turbo failure (from what I know, I'm sure someone knows better).

I love SWP almost as much as my Regal Blue...almost

Talked to a salesrep about the 07 today. No warranty, but does have maint. records from PO. They wouldnt budge on the price, fixed at 16.6.

All things considered I think im going to go with the '07

2k more? No chance I would pay that premium for more miles. Perfectly happy with the 05 TYVM. VF46 is a revision not an upgrade, it is not another car or a butt-dyno difference. Wasn't the 05 rated at 250hp and the 07 at 243hp or something? I kind-of like the front bumper better on the 07 but I equally hate the rear one. Catted up? RU Serious? Come on, you got an airpump and all kinds of other crap under the hood now! Catless up = $60. Not THAT big a deal and certainly not a deal-breaker.

If they were the same price, yeah go with the 07 but I doubt you will recover the $2k difference in the end because of mileage. Are they both leather, etc? All the same gear? If so you may need to go and FEEL em both. 14k vs 16k is a big difference to me. Thats a year of insurance and fuel.

The difference in mileage is made up for by the fact that it was not subjected to lake erie snow/horrible PA salt and chloride spray. (IMO anyways)

You have a good point about the "differences" really not amounting to much, but it was just enough to sway me towards the '07. Ive made up my mind dammit, don't go bringing logic in here. :icon_bigg

Archived