LegacyGT.com

Cobb Heatshield problem

Timex

Hi all,

I finally got around to having my Cobb downpipe installed today. Everything went well until it came time to install the Cobb heatsheild. Apparently it was only able to bolt on on one side (the side with two bolt pattern). My mechanic was unable to figure out a way to get the other bolt on the other side on. Am I missing a part? We noticed on the stock downpipe that there's a harness from the cat. I have a greddy evo 2 catback exhaust system if that helps.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've flashed to stage 2 and am currently running the downpipe without the shield. Hopefully this won't have any long term, negative effects. Would like to get it on asap though.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
yes mike OEM bracket bolts on two DP bolts i believe but...im a dumb dumb and had the transhop install my up and down while they were overhaulin my 5mt and installing my ACT clutch. i totally forgot about shielding the turbo until lordchilly pointed it out that i was running unshielded LMAO consequently i ordered the cobb after i got my lgt back and will only be running just the COBB shield..both would be ideal tho :)

yeah i had to bring my car back and have them line the motor bracket up! the monkeys didnt slide the bracket over the uppipe stud! i attempted the install and noticed they left it like that....i called em up immediately and pointed out their mistake so now they are fixing it and installing my shield FO' FREE hahahhahaha..do it once do it right get it done and have some fun!

yeah thanks goes out to lord chilly cause he was there helpin me and we were using his leggy as a reference. he noticed it first. but hell ya man.. they sawzalled the original bolts off the bracket on the stock DP..that would have screwed me over too cause they have to extract one of the screws because i wouldnt be able to attach the COBB to it. i was pointing out all their mistakes LOL "sawzall markings here where ur tech cut corners and screwed me over...this bracket over here should be here on the up pipe" lmao it feels good when u catch someone trying to cut corners on your car

yeah mike i dont wanna get too much into it..but they had my car for about a month and they did the clutch, trans overhaul, up and down install as well as a kartboy STS with bushings..everything is straight but that up' install....how do you miss a bracket that obviously serves a purpose...they lucky my sti upper has a flex section to say the least..

Who sawzaws heat shield bolts or brackets, I can't imagine a person who works on cars that can't get those bolts out (p&ssy). For future reference I would not use that shop. I'm glad you caught their mistakes, but your experience is the prime reason why I don't trust other people to work on my car.

yeah lofthouse..originally brought my car to the "transmission shop" for a trans-overhaul and a clutch upgrade..while the trans was out i had them do the down and up pipes cause they were super easy to get to and i had the parts sitting in my apt..i figured a caveman could do it since they had time to kill while my trans synchros were being delivered. i thot wrong and i usually do my work myself or with my trusted subaru mad scientist out in middleboro mass.. i wont recommend the shop to anyfriends but i also wont talk trash online about em' other than my bitching and complaining on here :)

just wondering..did u take the TMIC off or did u use willpower and beer to get it done?

Willpower, Chocolate Milk, and balls of steel because the engine was still hot. Nearly burned by arm a few times. Should have waited for it to cool down. Didn't take the TMIC off.

Archived