LegacyGT.com

Terrible Learning View...please help

brandonGT

So today I took off my stock intake and installed my old AEM intake (just cleaned filter) along with a tune for it. As soon as I installed it I noticed a slight on-and-off leaking sound coming from the intake only in the upper rpm's. Also, I noticed my airflow was down about 15 g/sec.

But the most troubling thing of all was my fuel trims in the learning view i took. It read 11.40, 2.10, 10.90, and .10 in the fuel trim A boxes. And I tried multiple different MAF scalings and got the same results for all of them.

Could it be a leak where the MAF sensor bolts up to the intake? Would that cause these synptoms? And I should note that my learning view was completely clean with my stock intake so i know it can't be a problem elsewhere. PLEASE HELP ME OUT

So today I took off my stock intake and installed my old AEM intake (just cleaned filter) along with a tune for it. As soon as I installed it I noticed a slight on-and-off leaking sound coming from the intake only in the upper rpm's. Also, I noticed my airflow was down about 15 g/sec.

But the most troubling thing of all was my fuel trims in the learning view i took. It read 11.40, 2.10, 10.90, and .10 in the fuel trim A boxes. And I tried multiple different MAF scalings and got the same results for all of them.

Could it be a leak where the MAF sensor bolts up to the intake? Would that cause these synptoms? And I should note that my learning view was completely clean with my stock intake so i know it can't be a problem elsewhere. PLEASE HELP ME OUT

What do you mean by multiple maf scalings? There should only really be one maf scaling that is right for your car/intake/conditions etc. Did you scale for the AEM intake?

I completely missed that line when I originally read the post. Yeah, WTF? Multiple MAF scalings? There is only 1 that works for your intake. Are you sure you know what you are doing? Are you sue you have a good tune for that intake?

If you're running an infamous tune setup for the AEM, and you go back to the stock intake, then you should also consider flashing back to a known good pre AEM map or the stock map while troubleshooting. Driving around with the maf scale off is a bad idea. It effects most parts of the tune. You can check your MRP compensation table, but if he had that as well as the scaling dialed in and it's suddenly way off there may be a leak or hardware issue.

And I tried multiple different MAF scalings and got the same results for all of them.

Learning View only shows MAF corrections up to about 50 g/s. If those MAF scalings were only different in the 50+ range (which is most of it), then you wouldn't expect differences in Learning View.

And like KeithK said, put the stock intake back on and confirm that the problem goes away.

You probably just need a MAF scaling that's appropriate for the AEM intake.

When I say "multiple" I am referring to the different MAF scaling revisions from my infamous remote tune including the last one which was the most spot-on

That last tune used the AEM intake? And the MAF scaling was spot-on?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, then yeah this is a mechanical problem.

Yes and yes. It was tuned for the AEM by Infamous1. He had a map for OEM and one for the AEM. He swapped it out and changed maps. Swapped it back in and put the AEM map back in and has issues. Map is good and checked it. Something changed not the tune.

Archived