LegacyGT.com

GI: Someone help me with clearing lights

Bolksey85

I've really become :wub: at the look of cleared headlights and even more so on 08/09MYs. But, I've never had the bumper off and don't want to try it myself without having an experienced hand next to me. Maybe we could get a little group together for a clearing party if there's enough interest? If it ends up being me and someone else, I'm willing to reimburse and treat to lunch somewhere.;):lol:

I was nervous about taking the bumper off as well. But I just went for it. It is UNBELIEVABLY easy.

Pop the hood, 4 clips on the grille, 2 clips on the intake tube. Under the car, there are like 7 clips under the bumper. Two screw-clips on the left and right wing flaps (look by the tow loops). The last one, you need to peel back the fender liner, and it's right up by the headlight. Then you just wiggle and pull, and the bumper comes right off. Don't forget to unplug the fog lights (AND PLUG THEM BACK IN WHEN YOU FINISH!)

I've had mine off twice now. It's no big thing.

That said, post some pics of cleared 08/09 headlights. I haven't seen any.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Ugh, blocked at work. I'll check it out when I get home.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Wow, that does look pretty cool.

I wonder what it'd look like on my white wagon? I never really thought about it, I always thought the stock lights were pretty cleared.

• 2 weeks later...

read the 1st original post mr_luv!!!

08/09 MYs

Just FYI...that's all...if you are local I am sure mr_luv would be more than willing to giving you a hand, especially if you can come to him in Gaithersburg, MD near DPS Tuning!

my .02 cents...I love giving advice to others in need,

CRAZY KEN

Heheh my car :)

Its super easy to take the front bumper off of our cars. I've had mine off so many times I've lost count. I can pull it off in about 5 mins now. Now putting it back on is a little harder now cause of the screws for my front lip but nothing to hard.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Heheh my car :)

Its super easy to take the front bumper off of our cars. I've had mine off so many times I've lost count. I can pull it off in about 5 mins now. Now putting it back on is a little harder now cause of the screws for my front lip but nothing to hard.

Your car is a template for clean, functional and quick Legacy's everywhere. You know when you'll get a weekend day off for a quick clearing?

So, I downloaded 2008's vaca pics today and printed a few of the pics related to bumper and light removal. Tomorrow is supposed to be a pretty nice day and my old man won't be home so maybe I'll take a preliminary look and if it doesn't look too bad, give it a shot. Although I still need chrome bulbs and I should pick up some RTV. What do you guys prefer who've done it before? Heat gun or oven at 200?

My Windy clone!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs253.snc4/40007_1498013844098_1046680826_31393103_2092897_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs206.snc4/38660_1498013964101_1046680826_31393105_5344124_n.jpg

Still need to clean some small smudges on the glass and get chrome bulbs to truly clear the corners. Someday I may reopen them to clean the interior lens but for now, it's staying as is.

Hahah my clone, minus a few slight details. (lip, broken front bumper from a raccoon lol) shit even your inspection tickets are peeling like mine are.

Car's looking good, now you need a drop :)

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Ah, dammit. The thought of that RTV annoys me. Maybe I'll pick up some Ebay units and have Lightwerkz clear them. I can always turn around and (try to) sell the OEM ones to recoup some $$$. I really don't feel like trying to cook them again just to take 10mins to clean them inside. Decisions, decisions.

Archived