LegacyGT.com

Warranty Myth????

losinov

Hey guys,

So after being in the market for a LGT wagon for a few months I am now thoroughly confused about the gold plus warranty. Apparently the warranty expires 5yrs? after the car or is it the warranty is purchased? Well 5 years or 100k. So will it even be possible for me to find an 05 LGT wagon 5 years later with an active warranty still??? The LGT in the forums now has a warranty that was extended already and I am the 3rd owner so subaru said they might not even cover normally covered parts & labor unless I have all the service records. If I find an LGT with its original owner could I purchase the extended warranty from subaru and will it continue from the day I purchase it?

Just like insurance, warranties are so confusing. someone help please!:spin:

Thank you!

Lev

I don't know what specifically you are asking, but I can tell you what I recently did -

I bought '08 my Subaru in July 2007 and I added the (2 year) extended warranty (thinking I would want to keep the car that long! HA!). Just this month, I bought an '11 Legacy from the same dealer and traded in the '08. I was going to 'sell back' the warranty to Subaru and they simply transferred it to the '11.

So, I don't know if that answers all or part of your question, but hopefully it helps.

Zim

One option for Gold Plus is the 7yr 100k warranty. So, theoretically, you could buy an 05 LGT wagon that had the 7yr/100k warranty, and have 2 years left of warranty coverage.

They can't say that they might not cover normally covered parts and labor. The Gold Plus is completely transferrable. Shouldn't matter if you are the 3rd owner, or the 33rd.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived