LegacyGT.com

Fuse for 4-W drive?

Is there a fuse that you put in/take out for the 4-W drive to kick in? The guy I bought it from says there is and you have to put a fuse in for it to work. If that is the case I drove it this past winter in 10 inches of snow in only 2 W drive.

Also, is there anything I can do about the excessive heat coming from the dash underneath the steering wheel. This is a right hand drive and this summer I have been dealing with about a 150 degree heat in the drivers side area. The temp gauge is in the normal range even at running temp. It's just pouring out the heat on my feet from the engine. I don't have A/C even if I did I probably wouldn't run it on the mail route. Thanks in advance.

u put a fuse in to disable awd. if he says u need a fuse for awd to work, theres something wrong. make sure u even have front axles, rear driveshaft and rear axles. best thing for u to do is jack it up all 4 corners. have ur partner put it in drive while stay on the SIDES of the car and see if the front/rear axles and driveshaft are moving.

as for heat, make sure the hvac controls is not in recirc mode. this way the engine heat doesnt come into the car.

Archived