LegacyGT.com

Reliability and hi mileage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have 120k on my 05, been stage 2 since 50k, stage 3 since 90k - car still runs great. I am very particular about maintenance and fluid changes. I've had to replace 3 CV boots and an O2 sensor, and one time an injector clogged and needed to be cleaned. Not bad!

• 3 weeks later...

76K on my wife's 2005 XT auto.

So far: O2 sensor, dash rattles, drivers and passenger side interior door handles are peeling, radio display is dead, and we just got news that we have to change a whole bunch of boots and the front sway bar bushings.

But then again, my wife is really hard on the car. At 75K miles, already replaced all four rotors once, pads twice, and will replace all rotors and pads next week again.

Overall, engine feels stronger and smoother at 75K than when it was new...I think the engine is just breaking in.

Quite impressive to go through that many break parts in 75K. I'm 80k now and never had replaced anything there. Moreover, I had pull a 2000 lbs trailer for more then 5000k with it. I will keep an eye on the boots. I spray with lithium grease all rubber bushings every 3-6 month to extend the life of these sway bar joints.

Wish you better luck on the next 75K!

Yeah, my wife learned how to drive on the mean streets of NYC. Drag racing from light to light with taxi cabs. We live in the suburbs of Boston now but she works in Boston so her commute is all local roads where her NYC driving instincts prevail.

I've thought about getting her a lighter vehicle that might be easier on the braking system but every time I drive her car, I don't think I can give up the pull of the turbocharged engine. Did I mention that it feels like the engine is JUST breaking in? hahaha.

Yeah, such NYC driving habits are not something you get rid of easily! The only time I went there, I parked the car in a multi-story car elevator parking and we used the subway. Just looking drivers honking each other was quite a show.

Good stuff for the engine just breaking in!!!

Archived