LegacyGT.com

Expensive autocross

robinlsb

It sounds like he wasn't even participating in the auto-x. Sounds like he showed up to watch, was showing off, had a mechanical problem and lost control?

I have to imagine that was a kit car ... how the hell is it a $300,000 car???

I suppose it could be an original frame and drivetrain, but without having an impeccable restoration on the body to some kind of factory original colors, it's not worth much.

It could be worth as much as $500,000 IF it was a correct restoration, which it clearly isn't. If it were original frame and drivetrain components, that car with that finish could probably be worth as much as $120,000 (anything but original condition). If it's a kit car, it's probably not worth more than 40 or 50K.

But that certainly doesn't mean the guy didn't waste $300,000 making a kit car look like a shitty imitation of a great car. :iam:

I can't say I've seen the underside of a Cobra. It wouldn't surprise me too much if the original Cobras had a tube chassis. I know they were a ladder frame, so that matches up, but this car looks a lot like a Kirkham car. Apparently people with a lot of money and little taste spend upwards of $100,000 for those ugly polished cars.

It was a kit. I have seen it in person at a car show in Dallas. He lives in my town and I couldn't believe the news when I saw them pulling it out. Even though its a kit, it is a sweet looking car. I would definitely take it for a joyride.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

Archived