LegacyGT.com

Fuel Pump location?

Hi New Subie owner here that needs to figure out where my fuel pump is. This is a Usdm 1990 legacy l 4wd. My best guess is that it's located in the fuel tank. If so Does anyone know how hard it would be to get that sucker out? If the tank needs to be completely removed whats the best method?

Thanks

sqc151 The reason I asked was that I figured the fuel pump had a regulator attached. I am transplanting a first gen ej22e out of a 1990 legacy. I plan on pulling the Efi along with the motor, so i figured it would be conveint to take the fuel pump with it since there should be a regulator in the fuel system to make sure the the fuel pressure is maintaind oem. Using a walbro will get the fuel to my motor but not at the right pressure. I dont want to have to tune my motor cause I changed the pressure in the fuel system.

Yeah its a project that will remain in progress for some time. Right now the build is as follows. I have one 1974 914. Using stock trans and clutch im bolting a usdm ej22e to start with. I bought a great donor subaru that i feel really bad pulling the motor out of. Granted the motor has 10k on a full rebuild. But the chassis has 190k and it feels like i going down the road. The trans slips.... yadda yadda it's fairly worn out. Now the motor runs like a top. So I'm gonna gut the poor subie and stop making it cart around dogs and kids, and slap it into the porsche via an adapter plate. Now all the oem FI comes with it. Including the check engine light, was my thought. Radiator will go into the front trunk. And hopefully the heater core and the exhanger for the a/c.... Yeah i have dreams of having the a/c plumbed in too. Granted I imagine that i will get bored with only 135 odd ponies...... so The end of the project will most likely be a ej20t out of jdm impreza, with megasquirt for spark and fuel.... Yeah I'll post some pics once i get past welding in replacement floor pan pieces. So waiting currently on selling more of my Ducati parts so I can purchase an adapter and flywheel kit.

Archived