LegacyGT.com

Sti STS vs The Rest

Here is a link to page 3 of the write up/install guide. Alot of them mention dremelling the metal shroud to get it to fit, though in the write up he says he flips the shroud 180 degrees and it fit OK.

When I did mine, the 180 flip looked more trouble than it was worth. The plate looked spot welded in a couple points, so some dremel goodness was needed. I might do a little more since the up gears (1,3,5) have more nvh than the lower (2,4)

Bushings really help when the stockers wear and have play. This is something the older Subies were famous for. The bushings button down the feel . Not a necessity but worthwhile depending on the milage and wear on the stock bushes. I have both front and rear and NVH is not an issue.

Bushings really help when the stockers wear and have play. This is something the older Subies were famous for. The bushings button down the feel . Not a necessity but worthwhile depending on the milage and wear on the stock bushes. I have both front and rear and NVH is not an issue.

I'd say they still help a bunch even on newer cars. I have approx 17K miles and changed these and it made a HUGE difference.

... Can tell the stock knob is lower, but will probably get a Delrin STi knob to reduce the height a little bit more...

so the stock knob fits the KB sts? don't want to buy a new knob if i don't need it right now

sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes...well, he eats you

I'd say they still help a bunch even on newer cars. I have approx 17K miles and changed these and it made a HUGE difference.

I have both kartboy bushings and I can agree that there is a big difference between the stockers and these. Less so on the rear bushing. But if you have ever held the front bushing you can tell how soft it is compared to the new one.

^thanks!

sp3c7r3, what kind of mods did you have to do for the mode racing sts? just the plate?

anyone else have the mode sts??

looks like a good deal for a dasts

sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes...well, he eats you

Just installed my AVO STS. Unfortunately I only have about 2 miles on it, for the test drive to make sure everything was working right. But so far very happy. Got it second hand from another member here, but it was in almost perfect shape. Install was simple, took about 30 mins or so under the two dome lights and a flash light, had to do it this evening and ran out of light. There is a KB install walk-through on here somewhere which gives you more then enough info.

As for the shifter, didnt drop it too much, I was expecting more drop, but definitely shorten the throws. It takes a little more effort, but I like it, it is a smooth effort not a rough one.

Well see time will tell, but from what I read alot of people hate them at first, were as I am very happy with it from the get go.

Too bad such a cool looking piece has to be hidden under the boot.

Archived