LegacyGT.com

my quest for more power

Recently bought me a 91 legacy sport turbo and i an super curious as to what a guy would have to do to gain lots of hp. I have allready installed a tmic, 3 inch down pipe and cat back exhaust. would like to crank up the boost but need to know my tunning options. thanks for any help

Engine management first (you need fuel), fuel pump and injectors next (you need fuel), FMIC, then a bigger turbo after that.

Stock internals will handle big boost (up to 25psi) if the engine was well maintained.

I suggest that you check the Tuning section: http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/tuning-84.html

In your case I would first check up the suspension and brakes since your car has a few years and probably miles under the belt.

may car has full megan racing suspension and new brakes all the way around. ill try to post som pics for you guys

Engine management first (you need fuel), fuel pump and injectors next (you need fuel), FMIC, then a bigger turbo after that.

Stock internals will handle big boost (up to 25psi) if the engine was well maintained.

that is my big question. I have played with lots of hondas (chrome, uberdata, ect) and dsms (dsm link), flashable stuff. but i have yet to read anything about my stock computer. Even for that matter just a thread about how terrible they are and possible conversions, or stand alones people use. Everything i read is obd 2 stuff. I might just be blind though. any help be nice thanks guys

You can buy a patch cable from eBay that you would modify to basically plug into a new engine management system.

If you want to use a later model stock Subaru ECU, you'll need parts and electrical components to match that ECU, as sqc151 mentioned above.

You can buy a patch cable from eBay that you would modify to basically plug into a new engine management system.

If you want to use a later model stock Subaru ECU, you'll need parts and electrical components to match that ECU, as sqc151 mentioned above.

been reading alot whats the pros and cons of rallitek p6 and revtronix?

Is there any other options besides these two?

that guy that does the revtronix chip moved from cananda to cali and then dissapeared. i would not recommend that chip since u cant get info and tunes for it.

at one time the website was down and no one with the chip could get info or get it fixed. PP6 is a good choice cause of the availability of the chip. its OBD1 and OBD2 complient. so even if u got rid of ur car, selling the PP6 wont be a problem cause anybody can use it. plus its one of the cheapest piggybacks around aside from revtronix. PP6 is very popular with the OBD1 subaru community.

to learn more about the earlier legacys, go here and SEARCH. everything u ever wanted to know is in that forum. we live and breath 91-94 subarus here.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/index.php?sid=c3dcada354c72b02fa67b7062397c315

Archived