LegacyGT.com

Hardwire V1 2010 Legacy

6speedZ

I just picked up my 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium last night and today I ran the wires to hardwire my V1 and I cant find a spot to attach the ground wire. I ran the wires under the headliner and behind the A Pillar to the fuse box and it looks pretty good, but the ground wire is only aboout 7-8 inches and everything under the dash is plastic. Any ideas? Thanks!

Where are you mounting it? The car is pre-wired for the home-link mirror, so there is a connector above the map lights. You can just use that for power and ground.
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Where are you mounting it? The car is pre-wired for the home-link mirror, so there is a connector above the map lights. You can just use that for power and ground.

I have the homelink mirror and not sure which wires to tap into. I am mounting the V1 just above the mirror.

^ Best bet is that location, just like nemo said.

Unfortunately, without a '10, I'm of little help on the exact tap :redface: - but generally:

You'll want to be sure you take power from an uninterrupted 12V+, since the autodmming will make the detector cut-out on you otherwise (i.e. "Reverse" engaged). ;)

Other than that, your best bet to finding which wires are for what would be either a test-light or multimeter.

If you're not electronically savvy, though, I'd see about asking MikeNH for some help, as he authored this excellent thread for the BMs:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/installing-auto-dim-mirror-2010-legacy-134651.html?t=134651

And failing there, to see about others on this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/auto-dimming-homelink-mirror-134050.html?t=134050&highlight=homelink

Best of luck! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Good spot, nemo (post number 52, by my long-time brother TPLGT, as well as nemo's own contribution in the following post, as well as posts #57 and 62, for those of you who are trying to find it ;)) ! :) I'd embarrassingly totally forgot about the detail in that thread, despite having bookmarked it earlier! :redface:

Indeed, the only worry that comes to my mind is how similar - or different - the two may or may not be. Hopefully, Subaru got cheap on this one, and didn't change anything! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ I doubt it's changed much.

Either way, there is absolutely a connector up there since the car is pre-wired for the homelink mirror. You just have to find it. When you do, just take a multi-meter and get the correct pins and use those. You're done.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

^ I doubt it's changed much.

That's my hope, too....but we've even seen differences in wiring color within the same MY on our vehicles, so anything goes! :)

Either way, there is absolutely a connector up there since the car is pre-wired for the homelink mirror. You just have to find it. When you do, just take a multi-meter and get the correct pins and use those. You're done.

+1.

The presence of the connectors on the BM-chassis is verified by MikeNH's contributions. :)

Archived