LegacyGT.com

Door chime problems

Hello all! I am new here, but my wife has an 05 legacy wagon. Today, we had just got in the car and the door chime went off as usual, but then it didn't stop. We drove for about 40 minutes and the door chime continued to go off with a series of 15 chimes and then a period of silence, then 15 chimes again. It was really annoying. There were no doors open and nothing indicating anything was going on with the cluster. I tried searching for this on the board, but didn't find anything like this. I was thinking a bad door sensor or something?! But if it was why was there not an indicator on the dash?! Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure its not the fasten seat belt indicator instead since the dash doesn't show any open door/ajar. I have an 05 sedan and mine will chime constantly like that if my front passenger doesn't buckle up also.
I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

Ok, so after playing with the car for about an hour, my wife and I were able to conclude that the chime we were hearing was for the passenger side airbag. I sat in the seat and the dash indicator said the pass airbag was off. It took about 3 minutes of me sitting in the seat before it recognized I was there. Then the fasten seatbelt light in the overhead console kept blinking too. Then when I got out of the seat, the dash indicator took about a minute to realize I was not in the seat and turned the airbag off, but the fasten seatbelt indicator is staying on blinking and did for the return 40 minute trip home. I dont get it. Does anyone else have an idea?

TZDevil323, Yea I dont know if it was. All the doors were closed for sure. I double and triple checked that. In thinking about it, it as like the the pass seatbelt chime was going off, but no one was in the seat. Like the seat switch got stuck or something.

Just a thought......maybe a connector came loose while vacuuming under the seats ? Try sliding the seats as far forward as is possible , then look under the seats for dangling wires. :)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I am going to take a look at that today in the daylight. When I cleaned out my wifes car there was stuff all up under the seats, so maybe something caught the connector. Who knows. I will have to check.

If the seatbelt chime is still giving you trouble try disabling it. The link below shows you how, its for the the drivers side seat belt buckle but for some reason it works for the passenger side also. A few people confirmed this(see post #11 and 15) I don't know if it will work in your situation, but I'd give it a shot.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/disable-seatbelt-chime-no-cutting-required-62304.html?t=62304

I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

Had the same problem, but only once. Wife was in the passenger seat, all doors were closed, seat belts buckled, etc. Had to power cycle the car to get it to shut up.

Do you know if you're battery is in good shape? I know mine isn't, and is preventing the 20x seatbelt click fix from sticking. I suspect that may also be the culprit of the non-stop chime.

Archived