LegacyGT.com

Rallitek sway bar kit HELP!!!

Malone75

Anyways Long story short, I installed the sway bar kit 40-1011 on my 2008 spec.b everything was fine until the rear swaybar was installed. Bushings seem to be wrong have a small gap in the and the bar slides side to side. If anyone knows a remedy for this please let m know. My one buddy says it is because of the bushings not fitting tight around the swaybar itself. But I wanted to get you guys' input on the matter. Thanks in advance

cant say much without a pic for the gap, but if the swaybar is sliding left and right then I'd get some pipe collars. cant recall their actual name, but they are two crescent moon pieces with a bolt on each side.. center the bar and then lock the collars on the inside of the bushings. problem of the moving bar solved.

EDIT: http://www.mcmaster.com/#shaft-collars/=7wpzkq

two of those would work perfectly... though the ID would depend on how large your swaybar is.

T

cant say much without a pic for the gap, but if the swaybar is sliding left and right then I'd get some pipe collars. cant recall their actual name, but they are two crescent moon pieces with a bolt on each side.. center the bar and then lock the collars on the inside of the bushings. problem of the moving bar solved.

EDIT: http://www.mcmaster.com/#shaft-collars/=7wpzkq

two of those would work perfectly... though the ID would depend on how large your swaybar is.

T

Lock/shaft collars. :thumbsup:

Those should work great. Grab a few in case they decide to break or wear down.

ZING! LoL problem solved and no I bought those HD endlinks they are pretty stout piece of hardware. Anyways when my buddy installed the brackets he put them on wrong rears up front and fronts back in the rear. Anyways I gotta under the car to put my downpipe on 2 go to stage 2 and fixed LOL. No harm no foul but if you have a buddy help you. You might want to check his work afterwords.

thats why any "help" I receive gets the directions from me and the tools handed to him by me before he touches :p

also, still recommend those collars... cheap as hell, usually found at lowes (online they dont show up), and worth it to positively locate the bar.

T

Flippin' amazing! like zero body roll

That's what we like to hear! :)

Ditto on the body roll. I just installed 25mm perrin front and rear with stout mounts and it's one heck of a difference. Now I just want to push it on the turns and see which I get, under, over, or neutral response.

It's always good to see what your car will do when you get the tires to break free in the turns, so when you get a chance I'd recommend a safe place to test that out just so you will know how your car will respond when you want to get aggressive with it.

Congrats again!

Archived