LegacyGT.com

Anyone with aftermarket motor mounts?

grocery getter

Hey guys I wanted to see if anyone is running any aftermarket motor mounts on their Legacies. Ever since I finished my E85 tune in Plano, TX by Cobb = 400lbs at the wheels every time I launch the car the shifter has a tough time engaging. Also on downshifts you can feel alot more movement in the car. Calvin at Cobb (after a road test) recommended I upgrade...anyone of you running stage 3 change out your motor mounts and if so to what brand? I was looking into Group N mounts but was told that it will rattle the entire dash in a few weeks due to the stiffer rubber? Also anyone know if the OEM 06-07 STI motor mounts are the same as the one's in the Legacy GT and Spec B? Thanks for your assist!

In addition to some motor mounts I have ordered some other tastey items:

Group N pitch mount

Group N transmission mount (6 speed)

Group N cross member transmission (bushings?)

Just from passively reading online and hearing a couple reviews, it appears the group n engine mounts don't add much or any nvh, group n pitch stop doesn't do much either way (since it is nearly identical to what you have now), and the group n trans mount adds some nvh that people sometimes don't like. That's without making any real effort though. You can probably find much better info. Or people will just post. Either way GL.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived