LegacyGT.com

1995 Legacy LSI Power Steering Pump

SubieQ

I have a 95 Legacy LSI that needs a power steering pump replacement (the bearings are going bad) and i am having the hardest time finding the correct replacement. I ordered a remanufactured pump for my year from a local auto store but when i received it doesn't fit my feed line. It's the correct pump, reservoir fits, correct screw placement etc. the only thing is my compression fitting on the feed line is too big for the pump. When i compared the new pump to my old one you can visually see it's about one size too small. Everything else about the pump is exactly the same except this one critical part and it's driving me insane. Every other auto store has the exact same remanufactured pump and i can't seem to find one like mine. It's a ZUA power steering pump and i can't find any online store or auto store that carries their parts, so i may have to call the actual manufacturer.

I guess my question is, has anyone else run into this problem? Or has a ZUA pump for a 95 legacy? Maybe my compression fitting isn't standard size or was changed somewhere down the line and is causing me problems. I'd hate to have to take it to a Subaru mechanic since it is (seemingly) such an easy fix but i may have to. :(

Problem is solved. I went to another auto store yesterday and got the correct pump. I guess the company i got the original remanufactured pump from has an issue with putting on the wrong fittings after they repair pumps...so the issue was their pumps not my car. Thanks though!

Archived