LegacyGT.com

Factory Navigation - Wrong Region

I purchased my car from Ohio and it is set up for the east coast regions...I think it is 1-7...I live on the Iowa/Illinois border and Illinois is the farthest west state included in the regions I see available.

I can still see the map of Iowa but can't select POI or an address.

Can I get this unlocked/reprogrammed? Have to be by the dealer? Has anyone done this? How much is it?

Thanks guys.

You should have a dvd player under the driver seat, look under the seat from the back. It is a pain that you need two discs for the whole country. The east coast disc only covers about a third of the country, the west disc has the rest.

So basically I am screwed because I live in the midwest and they don't have a midwest disc?!?!

If I take this disc out I will lose IL but if I don't change discs I don't have IA?!

Crap.

Can this disc be archived? Would anyone loan it to me?

Check thoroughly through your owners manual/paperwork. When I bought my Spec B, the East Coast disc was in with all the paperwork (he lived in CA, so he never used it).

Well considering I didn't even know where the dvd player was (under the seat) there is a damn good chance it is in the car somewhere hidden...especially since both are given to you when you buy the car new.

I will give it a look.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Archived