LegacyGT.com

whats this grinding sound?

MDKSDMF

05 legacy gt 5mt w/ 82k miles: i have a relentless squeal coming from my throw out bearing when my clutch pedal is out. the slightest pressure on the clutch pedal makes the sound dissipate...i know for a fact this is due to the MONKEY at quirk subaru in quincy who put my clutch back in....any ways.......now when im driving and shifting from 2nd to 3rd around 4k rpm i get a slight grind as the gear goes in..sometimes it even kicks me into neutral...when im racin like a mofo i can forget slamming third or even 4th cause i know ill get the horrendous grind sound. i plan on going to trubuilt trans. to get this squared away. my 05 leggy 5mt has about 82k miles on it so i suspect its clutch related??? I HOPE SO! please please please my subaru brothers help me diagnose this one so i dont get shafted by the trans shop on parts i dont necessarilly need. btw when i drop from 5th to 4th or 4th to 3rd there is zero grinding. thanks guys

the pressure on the clutch needs to be adjusted. it happens when the clutch is played with or replaced. behind the clutch bar is a rod and nut. loosen the nut, adjust the rod (in or out, I cant recall) and then re-tighten the nut. this will give a bit more static pressure on the clutch and eliminate the sound.

T

cool i ordered a new clutch anyways and it shud be at my apt by lunchbreak. lol thanks for the info bro. the trans shop said it might be my syncro hubs 3rd and 4th. anywho im havin em look at my trans and replace clutch anyways

Archived