LegacyGT.com

Intake Question..

Jimmy78

i am currently running a stage 2 tune from infamous, mods are invidia dp catless up perrin tmic maf hose and K&N drop in..i recently went for a ride in a wrx wit intake n similiar mods and loved the intake sound..i was wondering if a internet tune would be safe for a intake..this is my daily driver..and what intake would be best and if i need to replace the MAF sensor with a diffrent one??

dont really want to spend all the money for a protune unless i do a bigger turbo in future..

You want to dump your protune to spend money to add mechanical noise to your car and use a free "internet" tune because you don't really want to spend money:confused:

Not trying to be funny but wouldn't it be cheaper to crank the stereo? The wife is not in love with our intake noise anyway:p

Otherwise yeah, ask him what it would cost to toss on K&N Typhoon scaling on your tune or just take a look and see how hard it is to find the proper scaling for an intake you are looking for (I suggest K&N or KS) and drop them into your tune. I have not done it personally but read a lot over at romraider (am learning) and it seems pretty easy. You might want to double check with Shamar first.

Nothing wrong about an Infamous tune. You can 'delete' the stock intake silencer to make the stock intake louder without screwing with other things. It's really easy and just requires you to search and do a small amount of work. You could buy the world's best intake and it would make little difference. Truth about after market intakes: someone takes a pipe, welds on a MAF plate, puts a filter on one end, perhaps bends some sheet metal to make a heat shield, adds a zero to the price, and says it's an engineered performance system modification. It's not to be taken seriously.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived