LegacyGT.com

Collective Wisdom Needed – Stage 2 Boost Spike – how to fix?

pmw

I went stage 2 a few days ago and was doing a spirited run and while WOT in 4th my car through the P2044 – Over Boosting code (not to mention the rather abrupt fuel cut to go with it!). I want to get advice on what to do next? I had this question buried in another thread but thought I would get better response from a more direct thread name.

My Setup: 2009 spec.B, OTC Stage 2 93 Map, OEM air filter (brand new), Cobb Catted DP, Bosal SPT v1.5 cat back. Outside Temp was in high 70s. Otherwise stock car.

Background: Before pushing hard I did about 100 miles and the IAM was back to 1. There isn’t a LWG version of the OTC maps for the Legacy to address over boosting and my DP is Catted and 2.5” so I am really surprised by this issue.

Question: What do you think went wrong and what should I do next? -----Did I not let the car learn enough? Could it have been bad driving/shifting WOT 3rd –shift- WOT 4th? ------Do I need to switch to a 91 or CA map? Do I a tuner like Mach V or Cobb to make me a LWG map? Do I need to go full pro-tune? Does the restrictor pill size issue apply (I thought is was only an issue on new STI’s and going cattless). Other ideas?

Edit: Removed Useless Log File.

Where do you live? Switching to a 91 octane map could help...it may help troubleshoot the problem, anyway. I say in the meantime do that and see what happens.

Also, you should see about logging using RR, following the logging guidelines in the stickies. That may shed some light.

Does the 91 oct OTS map have lower WGDC? I think in this situation you need to get a protune to correct your boost control issues. If you are overboosting in this weather, imagine how much more of a problem it will be in the winter.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

My thoughts are just that the lower power output could help control things a little better....at least for the time being. I don't know how the maps vary, but I would assume it's just timing that's different.

You could download AcessTUNER from Cobb and make your own low wastegate map...

Even better....do the above, and use Romraider to open Mickeyd's stage 2 map (download that from romraider.com). Next just copy over all tables related to boost into the Cobb map (While you are at it you might as well copy all the tables into the Cobb map). Wasn't sure how much self tuning and tweaking he was willing to do..

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Ridgeracer, I'm not sure the RR tables can just be copied over to the Cobb software. From my limited experience working with my friend's Cobb software on an '06 FXT, there are some differences in how Cobb defines tables and even how they arrive at some of thier values compared to RR. He should easily able to knock the lo and high WGDC tables down by 10% in the max load column and start there.

Thanks, I am going to look into romraider as a logging tool but I really don't want to self adjust things. I know that I don't know enought about what I am doing to think that's a good idea.

Archived