LegacyGT.com

Considering 2008 3.0R - Brakes and Other Issues

Hi

I am considering buying a 2008 Legacy 3.0R with 30,000 miles on it. I recently test drove the car and loved it. The one thing which I did not feel happy about was the brakes. They felt a little inadequate taking a little time to stop the car and had a slight vibration when I pressed them on traffic lights and stop signs. Is anyone aware of any issues with brakes on this model? My wife and I did own a 1999 Forester which had rather constant warped rotors and pad fades. So just wanted to check with the experts here on what the opnion is on the brakes on the Legacy.

Also if people owing this particular model could point out any other known issues or things I need to be aware of before signing on the dotted line.

Thanks a lot !

It probably still has the original brake pads on it. Depending on how the previous owner drove it, at 30K miles it's almost time for new front pads.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I own a 3.0R as well. When I first bought it I noticed the brakes vibrating and took it to to the dealer and had the rotor resurfaced under warranty so you're probably covered on that one. If you're looking to mod, go with the GT because there are hardly any power mods available for this car. Overall it's a great daily driver that gets around 26 mpg highway at a little over 70mph.

What about the issues people are having with the Climate Control and Radio displays? Apparently, they flash or disappear all together without warning only to come back on after restarting the car. I bring it up because I'm also considering a 2008 3.0R and because if the OP or anyone else is about to drop between $25K to $30K on a car we are justified in expecting it to work as it should.

yeah and pop on a turbo on the 3.0R and upgrade the exhaust. Your car will sound like a 911.

Man I wish I got a 3.0R... :cry:

As far as the warped rotors, my car has that right now. I don't know how it warped so fast considering I do mainly highway driving. Can they be replaced via warranty? It just feels like my car's rotors warped way too quickly for mainly highway driving. The kicker of it all is I never hit traffic unless a car is a tree ornament on the side of the road.

well i have 21,000+ on my 08 3.0R. I had the rotors resurfaced like a newb before i even tried to rebed the pads. i also JUST last weekend experienced the climate/radio dissapearing only to return when the car was restarted. I have had her since Feb 09 since new so i am speaking from pretty good experience.

its a great car. it feels great when you push down to pass on the highway/street. it pulls well and i do not regret getting it.

what color is it?

thought about it, but the last thing i want is for some grease monkeys who could care less about the time i take keeping my car clean getting covered with black scuffs and marks. (speaking from previous experience of course)...

if it happens again i may have to but so far i can live with it happening once. knock on wood

Archived