LegacyGT.com

sunshade recommendations?

Isn't this quite a bit more expensive than the ones at Walmart? Is it worth the extra $30 to get these fancy sunshades? I'm not a cheap-o, I'm just wondering whether it's worth it.

I wondered the same thing until I acutally got the UVS100. It is worth every penny spent. It fits the windshield perfectly, blocks out more sun, the car is much cooler after a day in the sun, and it so much more durable than the ones found at your local auto store. Highly recommended! :D

If I was to rate it, I would give it a solid 9.5/10.

-S

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh. I saw a UVS shield in car at work. Ordered one for my car within the week. Fast forward to a year later and its trashed. The reflective side is torn away from the stitching between the panels. What a real POS. Won't be wasting my money on one of these again.

Ugh. I saw a UVS shield in car at work. Ordered one for my car within the week. Fast forward to a year later and its trashed. The reflective side is torn away from the stitching between the panels. What a real POS. Won't be wasting my money on one of these again.

Did you contact Covercraft and let them know about this? If you got a defective product then you should let the manufacturer know about it. They are a good company and I know they stand behind their products.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Did you contact Covercraft and let them know about this? If you got a defective product then you should let the manufacturer know about it. They are a good company and I know they stand behind their products.

"We're sorry but our warranty is 90 days."

Bite me.:mad:

What do you use now? A discount store version?

-S

how long does it take for them to send you the sunshade? i ordered it last monday and they haven't even sent me an email saying it shipped.

Took about a week for them to ship mine. Depending on the site, there will be a line stating that it can take 2 to 3 weeks to ship. I assume that since they are custom made, this is why there is such a long lag time. But I had mine (including shipping) in about 2 weeks.

-S

how long does it take for them to send you the sunshade? i ordered it last monday and they haven't even sent me an email saying it shipped.

I got mine in a week as well. They never sent me a shipping e-mail either until the day it arrived :rolleyes:

I would also say it is worth the money.

So I got my sunshade over the weekend and had a chance to use it a few times. Here are my impressions:

As OCD and others mentioned, the construction is nice; it's like some silvery "reflective" material on the outside and cloth on the inside. The shade is quite weighty for what it is ... so I'm assuming there is something inside that contributes to heat reflection and weight.

Still, I don't know if it's worth the $45 to buy this thing. My limited use didn't show that it keeps the temperature any cooler than the $8 crap shades from Walmart. It fits pretty well up in the windows, but isn't complete coverage ... there are still parts on the side and top that aren't covered by the shade. Honestly, if I had seen what it was like, I would have gone to Walmart and gone with the cheap crap that doesn't fit well and you can shove around in your car.

If you are looking to unload it sometime then let me know. I've yet to purchase one for the Legacy, but its on my list of things to get.

When you are still using it in 5 years you'll realize why its better than the el cheapo ones. Nothing is perfect, but durabilty and dependability count for something. When the cheapo one is sagging in your window, this one will still be straight and working as well as the day you bought it. I can't account for why its not covering all of your window unless they sent you the wrong one or something. Mine have always blocked the entire window.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 months later...
I got mine last night. I'll post some pictures later tonight if it's still light out and not raining when I get home. I'm pretty impressed with it. There's a small gap on the sides, but it's minimal. I'd rather deal with those small gaps than have something either way too large or too small, or that doesn't go around the mirror perfectly like this does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived