LegacyGT.com

Ground Strap Bracket On 2.5i

While replacing my valve cover gaskets I noticed on the drivers side right below the valve cover, there is a metal bracket that connects the ground strap to the frame and the o2 sensor wire clips to it. While replacing the passenger side valve cover, I noticed holes for this bracket, an empty hole for a ground strap on the frame, but no bracket. The o2 sensor wire was just hanging out clipped to nothing. Would someone be kind enough to look under their hood to see if the bracket/ground strap pictured below is on the passenger side as well? I suspect either I'm way to anal and like my car symmetric, or my dealer kept some pieces when they warrantied my cats/o2 sensors (though I'm not sure why they would have to remove it). Multiple subie dealers can not even find a listing on these parts :spin:.

car.thumb.jpg.0f64d8ad048224f071f12f110f6d7313.jpg

Thanks for looking! As luck would have it a 2.5i rolled through work today and I confirmed the bracket/ground strap was indeed there. So yes, I'm missing a ground strap. Subaru does not even have a part number for this thing. I'll either fab something or just hook a new ground right to the motor directly. The o2 isn't in danger of touching anything bad. I just like things snug.

Archived