LegacyGT.com

Datalogging Results. Anyone know exactly what this means.

EPLegacyGT

Hey NSFW.

I know have the logs which might help. First is a cold idle and yes i made it long for nothing just wanted to make sure i catch the stutter, 2nd is a 2nd and 3rd gear pull (useless) and the last is idle when the car was at operating temperature. Let me know.

I think its worth saying that all spark plugs have been changed recently by dealer and i recently checked the airbox and after MAF hose for cracks of anykind and nothing was found ( MAF also cleaned )

Data Log Cold Idle, Tuesday, July 20th 2010.csv

Data Log Hot Idle, Tuesday, July 20th 2010.csv

Data Log 2nd and 3rd gear, Tuesday, July 20th 2010.csv

At what time in the first log did the stutter happen? I actually can't tell from the log itself, so I don't know how helpful I can be.

However the long term fuel trim is maxed out, which suggests a boost leak or a badly done MAF scaling, or maybe just an aftermarket intake that needs to be tuned for. If you have the stock intake, then I'm guessing a leak. The short term + long term trims are able to compensate, but just barely.

Ok, so to start ill have to make another log to pin point exactly when the stutter is happening as for the possible problems.

1. Ill need to check for a boost leak (suggestions: maybe the t fitting)

2. I didn't change anything with the MAF scaling?

3. Still retain OEM intake. ( might change to Cobb SF to solve problem)

Do you have any suggestions on how to check for either of these problems. Ill search the forum aswell

Check every hose under the hood, make sure both ends are attached to something, and check the length of it for cracks/splits.

I'm not confident that this can be diagnosed via data logs - I was hoping to see something abnormal in the log that would help, but I don't. RPM isn't even changing significantly anywhere in the long idle log you posted. The problem seems to be too subtle to show up.

Ignition advance flutters on my car as well, and it has a smooth idle. Even on a perfectly healthy car, idle RPM fluctuates a bit, and it's my understanding that the ECU uses ignition timing to try to correct for the speed changes.

I would not rule out injector or spark problems, those are probably the next things to check after you've ruled out a vacuum leak. But the LTFT suggests a vacuum leak, and fixing that would only take time, not money (maybe a trivial amount of money if you need a clamp or something) so that's the place to start.

K will do this weekend. Ive checked that T fitting before and all was well. Do you recommend a method to check other leaks such as intake and vaccum line. I was thinking of using a can of ether to check for leaks on the intake side to see if the idle raises? Thanks

• 1 month later...

you are likely knocking on tip-in because there is insufficient fueling. either roll on to the throttle gently or increase your tip in values. a 5% increase should be a good starting point.

as for the idle roughness, I'd tend to agree with NSFW. you probably have a leak somewhere. try unplugging the maf so the car runs in SD mode (when the car is off). if it idles fine like that, you very likely have a leak. if you are going to search for the leak by spraying stuff, you might want to avoid using ether. water is a lot safer.

• 1 month later...

Archived