LegacyGT.com

Swift Spec R springs - Interest thread

fixem2r

I sent Swift Springs an email regarding their current LGT offering for springs. Currently they only offer the Mach 1 Springs with the below rates:

4.3kg/mm front, 6.6kg/mm rear

I was asking them if they offered anything stiffer like the SPec R springs and they do not. After a little conversation they indicated they maybe willing to make a run of Spec R springs for the LGT if we could get at least 10 people interested and willing to purchase.

This is good news, as I am running the Ion Performance springs and would like something a bit stiffer in the front.

I do not have details on the new spring rates but we have a little flexibility about what the spring specs will be and how much lowering we want.

If anyone is interested, please post and what rates you are thinking about or prefer.

I know the rear rates are lower in this, but wanted to show an example. As said above, we have a little flexibility about what the spring specs will be and how much lowering we want.

Here is the specs and information for the Swift Spec R spring on a Subaru WRX / STi 04+:

Front: 5.1 kg/mm, -20mm (PCD 100), -25mm (PCD 114.3)

Rear: 4.9 kg/mm, -15mm (PCD 100), -25mm (PCD 114.3)

Swift made Sport Springs Spec-R is made for true track racing enthusiasts that wants to take their vehicle to the next level.

Sport Springs Spec-R is engineered with 2 main characteristics.

1. Redesign lowering ride height to maximize the suspension performance allowing the vehicle to fully absorb road condition for maximum traction.

2. Increase in spring rate to further enhance cornering speed through entry & exit. The increase in spring rate is based on the vehicle factory stock valving settings. Sport Springs Spec-R is increase to the optimal rate that the stock shocks can handle. Higher performance shocks are not required, but recommended.

Spec R springs are wound with the same engineering as our sports springs. With the exception of stiffer rates and slight change in ride height; you can expect the same characteristics as the Swift Sport Mach springs.

material requires a double shot peening process to keep the spring's shape. The result is a high tensile strength spring requiring fewer coils than other brands, reducing overall weight. Springs are preset to reduce sag experienced after installation and given a 2-stage melamine coating providing an attractive layer of protection before final shipping to the U.S.

Relied upon by D1 champion and JGTC driver Nobuteru Taniguchi, as well as Isami Amemiya, Owner of the renowned tuning company REAmemiya, Sprint springs offer both the professional racer and weekend enthusiast the greatest level of control on the track.

You are correct I have not ridden in a LGT with Swifts. I currently have Koni's with ION springs with the below Rates:

Ion Sport Spec

FR: 4.0kg/mm or 228lbs/in at 1 inch of compression, 5.2kg/mm or 297lbs/in at 2 inches of compression

Rear: 6.7kg/mm or 382lbs/in

Lowering is 30mm (1.18 inches front) and 25mm (1 inches rear).

The above rates are very similiar to the Swift Mach rates, with the exception of the fronts being progressive. I believe the drop on the Mach's maybe more which could be attributing to the harsher ride.

I am looking for something with higher rates in the front and slightly more in the rear. 400/400 would be nice

Archived