LegacyGT.com

Washed engine, lumpy idle

I'm gonna keep updating this thread in case it helps anyone in the future (besides convincing them to NOT wash the engine like I did).

2 new codes today

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

I grabbed a buddy of mine's MAF off his 05LGT MT (shows the same part number on it), hooked it up, let it idle, and it made no difference. I did not reset the codes while doing this, which should not matter, at least the engine should have smoothed out.

P0171 came back again along with all 4 cylinders misfiring.

I checked and rechecked all hoses, disconnected the major spaghetti-connectors to make sure there was no water trapped still, no luck. Air filter is bone dry. I think I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. I have the repair manual which walks you through diagnosing the MAF and other sensors but I am just confused at this point. Why would it spit out MAF-related CELs if the thing is supposebly running fine? Or did I not test it well?

No boost above 9PSI or so, AFR at WOT is 11.0-11.1, cruising 14 or so, however in ROMRaider AFR learning #1 if I remember the parameter right shows 25%. I am assuming this is due to the CEL.

Ok, so the engine wash may not be related. Take a look at these 2 logs that I pulled that same day, right before I washed it. Boost gone.

Even though the T-fitting is clamped down and all 3 are connected, time to take the IC off and go over everything. I may not have felt the misfires at idle because when the AC is running (which it was at the time), you can barely feel them, if at all.

datalog6.csv

datalog7.csv

Took the IC off, T-line popped off the intake manifold. It is the only end I did not put a clamp around. Turns out washing the engine was only coincidental, thank God I had that log to go by.

Case closed.

Took the IC off, T-line popped off the intake manifold. It is the only end I did not put a clamp around. Turns out washing the engine was only coincidental, thank God I had that log to go by.

Case closed.

BTW you can replace that T with a cheap barbed one from Autozone. Barbed won't slip off ever again.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Good to know, next time I am in there I'll do that because even the hoses that are clamped down, I can still make them slide out. Car runs great, spools up quick and pulls hard. I almost stripped the turbo-IC bolts, whoops. Never start screwing shit down unless it is aligned right.

Archived