LegacyGT.com

blue dot by the temp gauge?

I checked the owners manual and I couldnt find any info on this so I thought Id ask here...

When I start my car, a little blue dot lights up next to the temp gauge, it eventually turns off after a little bit of time. It only lights up when my car has been at rest for 3-4hrs. If I go in and out of a store and start the car, the light doesnt turn on.

Any ideas?

I beleive its used for the si-drive system. The blue light indicates when the engine is still too cold to engage sport sharp mode. When the light turns off the engine is operating at a warmer temperature and will allow you to engage sport sharp. Hence why if you pop in and out of a store the engine is still warm.

Many threads referring to this blue light.

I beleive its used for the si-drive system. The blue light indicates when the engine is still too cold to engage sport sharp mode. When the light turns off the engine is operating at a warmer temperature and will allow you to engage sport sharp. Hence why if you pop in and out of a store the engine is still warm.

Many threads referring to this blue light.

:whore: That is correct.

I'll just add that it's not just for the SI-Drive - my wife's 09 Forester has the same silly light. But the basic function above is correct - basically it's an idiot light letting you know that the engine is still cold, and thus do not push it too hard. Based off some logging, it looks like it turns off when the engine coolant gets up to around 150F.

Basically, if the light is on, take it easy on the engine.

Archived