LegacyGT.com

A weird question... but it is a pain to look at!

I have a 2009 LGT Limited and the car still looks like it just drove off the stealership's lot yesterday... for the most part.

Anyways, I have paint chipping around my fog light housing. It has an off-color versus the color on my car. Would anyone know what the color is? I do not know if all Legacy cars in different color's have the same color on their fog light housing.

I know it is strange, but I love detailing my car a lot. I spend at least a good two hours on getting every nook and cranny cleaned. Yes I am OCD. :lol::lol:

Here is a picture of what the chips look like:

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz76/HarryN/2010-06-21195525.jpg

Does anyone know what the color is for the Fog Light Surround/Assembly/Housing or whatever it is called?

Yeah, I was trying to avoid buying a new one from Subaru since I hear this housing is a pain in the rear to remove and install. I'd rather just paint it.

So Metallic silver. I will pick up a can and spray it. Thanks Laz!

Try just to paint the edge, not the whole thing.

Sand it down as well with very fine sandpaper. (800 then 1000)

It may peel on you again. You can use a little bulldog before you paint it, but it is expensive, like $25 a can, and you will use a tiny bit..

GL

X

---

Identity theft is no laughing matter, my friend.

;) lol

:lol::lol:

Oh believe me, you should ask some of my friends on how obssesive compulsive I get when detailing cars. I go as far as putting armor-all on my wheels to reflect dust and keep it from sticking to the clear coat on the wheels.

I've even been known to pull wheels off and wash them thoroughly as well as clean brake calipers. :lol:

And those three chips on my fog light housing feel like a knife is in my eye. I am going to take Laz's advice and try it out.

I already got the Silver Metallic paint and will only be painting those three spots. If the color is off, I will just paint the entire ring.

Harry, wanna detail MY car... LOL!!!

Good luck man. Id suggest painting them OFF the car if your spraying ANYTHING!

I can detail your car. What do you want done on it in terms of detailing? Exterior? Interior?

As far as the painting, I have access to paper and masking tape. :lol: I will be just fine. I won't be painting a large surface at all. I will tape off a majority of the housing and bumper and only expose the area I am painting.

This isn't anything new to me.

:lol::lol:

Oh believe me, you should ask some of my friends on how obssesive compulsive I get when detailing cars. I go as far as putting armor-all on my wheels to reflect dust and keep it from sticking to the clear coat on the wheels.

I've even been known to pull wheels off and wash them thoroughly as well as clean brake calipers. :lol:

Well, two things. First of all, armor all on your wheels is actually going to ATTRACT dust and not repel it. Armor All has no antistatic properties to it. If you want to repel dust or make it harder to stick to your wheels, then you should just use a paint sealant on them and that should do the trick.

And as for taking your wheels off... that isn't OCD. That is part of cleaning your wheels. ;) Not exactly practical to do on a weekly basis, but definitely advisable to do for a show or something like that. There are tools that make it a lot easier to get the job done without having to take the wheels off now. I still take the time to detail everything in there when I rotate my tires. It is just a good practice to get into.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Well, two things. First of all, armor all on your wheels is actually going to ATTRACT dust and not repel it. Armor All has no antistatic properties to it. If you want to repel dust or make it harder to stick to your wheels, then you should just use a paint sealant on them and that should do the trick.

And as for taking your wheels off... that isn't OCD. That is part of cleaning your wheels. ;) Not exactly practical to do on a weekly basis, but definitely advisable to do for a show or something like that. There are tools that make it a lot easier to get the job done without having to take the wheels off now. I still take the time to detail everything in there when I rotate my tires. It is just a good practice to get into.

The Armor All on the wheels helps me wash the brake dust off more easily so I don't have to keep wiping, especially the hard to reach areas. I just soap em up, rinse them off. No dust left. :) Then I spray on some armor-all onto a rag, wipe the wheels down again, and after 10 minutes, they are fully coated again! But I will admit, I don't do the inside of the wheels too often. Probably once a month. I don't do it for shows, just for myself so I can take pride in my own work and feel good about it.

I think the most OCD I have been was when I saw some light scratches on my rear quarter panel. I broke out the 1000 grit wet-sand paper, cleaned up the scrub marks, then buffed the area with glaze and later paint sealant. When I saw how shiny it was, I moved on to use sealant on the rest of the car. I have to be careful when I start detailing. Because if one section gets shiny, then I will be detailing for another hour. :lol:

Archived