LegacyGT.com

Air Conditioning leaking water

Windom

Hey all, not sure if I should post here or in the 2004-2009 section but hopefully mods would point to the right direction if it's in the wrong section.

Searched up a couple of threads but my A/C is working fine, blowing ice cold air :), compressor is fine and all. However, the problem is that water is leaking underneath the glove box on the passenger side, and it's not a small/tiny leak. My bag got all wet by just leaving it there for 20 minutes of driving or so. Aside from that, there's a puddle of water around the same area on the ground outside. Now I don't know what's going on, but it's been really frustrating because it has been brought to the dealership at least 5 times, but the problem still exists. I've owned several Hondas/Acuras and never had any problems with the AC aside from it being not cold enough.

I'm in Toronto, Canada btw and I've been bringing it to Markham Subaru for service. The car is an '09 Legacy 3.0R. It was from Peterborough Subaru and has been serviced there, but they couldn't even replicate the problem as they said it only appeared on humid and hot days :confused:. Now we bought the car, water has been dripping so we take it to service and was told that the drain hose was clogged up with dirt/sand/leaves :confused:. Anyways, it was still dripping, so back to dealership again and now they tell me the hose is bent so they fixed/patch up the hose.

Now, it's dripping faster than ever and I'm about to go back for the 3rd time and it's quite frustrating for such a new car. So I'm wondering if any experts in here know the problem because it doesn't seem like people at the service department know what is going on.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just checked the carpets and they're soaking wet, like someone dumped a bucket of water on it.

Archived