Mad Dad EL Header

Perrin TMIC

Perrin Turbo Inlet

AVO 245 LPH Fuel Pump

DW 750cc inj.

KStech 73mm CAI

Prodrive 3 Port Boost Control Solenoid

AEM Wideband

1. I still need a BOV. Recommendations? Clark recommended a Turbosmart BOV. Josh @ ImportImage no longer carries APS BOV's of GFB's. :( I can't find them anywhere.

2. Is there anything I'm missing?

3. Should I do TGV deletes for this setup? I'm 5 weeks away from the tune so I could swing it, just don't know if its necessary...

4. What about a catch can/AO seperator? Do I need one?

Its getting a little crazy pulling this all together in time but its been fun!:spin:

I want to make sure dyno day goes smoothly and there are no surprises.

Thanks for any input/suggestions! I've learned a lot from this forum.:cool:

I had a Turbosmart Dual Port on my 05 with a stage 2 setup. Didn't have any issues with it, and it looked great. It was kinda pricey, and it is a bit taller than the GFB I had on my 09. The rubber hose coming out of the top pushed into the foam material under the hood. Not sure if the Perrin TMIC would cause clearance issues.

I had a Turbosmart Dual Port on my 05 with a stage 2 setup. Didn't have any issues with it, and it looked great. It was kinda pricey, and it is a bit taller than the GFB I had on my 09. The rubber hose coming out of the top pushed into the foam material under the hood. Not sure if the Perrin TMIC would cause clearance issues.

Thanks for the advice. I've seen BOV clearance issue w/TMIC's on Subies before. We'll see...

I recently installed a synapse BPV (kit for the 08+wrx) with the racerx FMIC and I've been happy with it. Not sure how the fit would be with TMIC though.

I'm curious to see how the BNR td05-20g does. What kind of dyno will it be on?

+1 for results. I have the 18G and a similar setup (minus the EWG). I am also awaiting a tune.

FWIW, I have the GFB set to recirc. And in the reading I've done, it doesn't seem like deletes are really worth the work unless you're there already.

I'm not a needy person by any means. :lol: I'd like some advice in the 100 times this thread has been viewed.

Or not and I'll just talk to myself...:wub:

Perhaps you'd get more advice if this were posted in the turbo powertrain or tuning sub forum. Also this place is much less active during the weekends.

I recently installed a synapse BPV (kit for the 08+wrx) with the racerx FMIC and I've been happy with it. Not sure how the fit would be with TMIC though.

I'm curious to see how the BNR td05-20g does. What kind of dyno will it be on?

Not sure on the type of dyno...I will be gettting tuned by Clark on 7/25. I will start a thread with pics, vids, graphs etc...

Why do you need a BOV? What's the issue with the stock BPV?

Sounds like a VERY nice setup you've got! In for results.

From what I've read, the stock BOV can leak past 20psi. I will be peaking over 20psi. Trust me, if I don't have to spend any more $$$, I won't.

Perhaps you'd get more advice if this were posted in the turbo powertrain or tuning sub forum. Also this place is much less active during the weekends.

Agreed, I just noticed I posted this in a very GENERAL forum. :lol:

If you can, give us a review on that Cobb BOV. The inner ricer in me has been aching for one for some time now.

LOL. Will do. It will be set on full recirc and hybrid mode. I can't do the full atmospheric vent anymore. I'm too old. :lol:

subscribed for results and I WANT A RIDE IN OP's CAR!!! Wish you were local.

Anytime you're in STL. But you're in LA, no reason to come to this hole.

ME FIRST! :-D ill upload video if i get to make it to the dyno

Realistically, If you're there on dyno day, you will be the first. I'm taking pics + video @ the dyno tune, then I'm going to mount the GoPro Hero HD on the hood and go for a drive to give people an idea of how it all sounds. :p

I'm too old. :lol:

haha ill consider you old once you trade in the specb for a foz like forfun :lol:

i would be right there with you in power if i didnt have to spend so much on college and rally equipment so shoo shoo on you and your tarmac queen. Maybe ill just trade up on testes leggy... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
haha ill consider you old once you trade in the specb for a foz like forfun :lol:

i would be right there with you in power if i didnt have to spend so much on college and rally equipment so shoo shoo on you and your tarmac queen. Maybe ill just trade up on testes leggy... :rolleyes:

See you this Sunday? :spin:

i want plenty of free rides! :-P im so excited for you haha i feel like youre having a baby :lol:

LOL. 3.5 hours until the BNR 20G tune....:spin: There has been some heartbreak on the dyno this weekend. I hope all goes well.

Results will be posted this evening...

Archived