LegacyGT.com

"Grille"ing the Forum- Sedan vs. Wagon...

Hey all

I have been discussing Grilles with a fellow member. He has an '05 sedan, and mine's an '07 wagon. I was interested in his factory grille, to do a little palying around with it.

The dilemma- He told me he sold an aftermarket grille he had to another guy with (I think an '05) wagon. The guy informed him that the grille "didn't fit" his wagon.

Now...has anyone heard of a difference in grilles for the 05-07 cars, where the grille would only fit the sedan? Legacy's - not Legacy to Outback)

I've been looking for a grille for a short while, and never seen a sedan only grille.

Am I wrong?

Will the 05-07 factory grilles swap around between wagons 'n sedans?

Any help on this would be great.

If it's been explained elsewhere...sorry. I tried to find out.

I've read that the Outbacks grille is taller, and one has to work a bit to make it fit in a Legacy. Something about a 1/2"- 1" gap. But do-able.

And yes, I think there is a change in the Legacy front end going into '08, that makes the grilles different.

What I think is that the guy that bought his grille- simply didn't like it.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts all.

I own a '05 LGT and an '05 OBXT. I read that you can put it on so I tried. The OBXT grille is taller then the LGT grille by more then 1/2" and I could see no feasible way to make it work.

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

I own a '05 LGT and an '05 OBXT. I read that you can put it on so I tried. The OBXT grille is taller then the LGT grille by more then 1/2" and I could see no feasible way to make it work.

obxt grille will fit, its been done before, but idk what was involved:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-spec-b-thread-20169p114.html?highlight=outback+grille

Archived