LegacyGT.com

Ordering a 2011 in a couple weeks

bradygo

Hello folks,

I'm planning on ordering a LGT relatively shortly, and I wanted to get some of your opinions on pricing. So far this is the best I've gotten. Looks perdy dang good to me, but I'm rather new to the Subaru scene so I could be mistaken:

2011 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

*Short throw shifter:

*Spoiler:

*Fog Lamp kit:

*Automatic Dimmer Homelink /Compass:

*Puddle Lights:

Msrp: $33,820.00

Price: $30,330.00

A few other questions:

1. Is it still a 'hope' that the autodimmer/compass rear view mirror will come with a backup camera? OR has that rumor been dispelled?

2. If I were considering a Cobb S1, would it be best to break in the car before upping the HP/TQ?

3. I am incredibly attracted to the Cobb S1 93 octane map, but it worries me to make a relatively untested (over a long term) change to a brand new car. From what I understand, the risks are calculated and I can always flash it back to stock...but it's a little disconcerting. I'm not too used to modding vehicles--but I have modded things in the past (and bricked some expensive gear in the process). I guess this isn't so much a question as it is blind anxiety.

4. Does anyone know how often LGT runs are made at the factory? My delivery time will depend on this and it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help!

Delivery will take about 4-8 weeks depending on were you live. On the east coast we have been seeing pretty fast turn around. I ordered a car for a customer about a month ago and and its sceduled for arrival now. Keep in mind the factory in Indiana shut down a while ago so they could figure out how to double production. They are now running on their new production scedule.

If you get the moonroof package the mirrir will be an audo dimming with homelink and will have a back up camera.

Does the moonroof package come standard on the '11s?

I asked for the autodimmer/homelink rear view mirror adder-you can see it as a line item in my first post. Is this an adder or does this actually come standard now for 2011?

If you're at all handy with mechanical stuff don't pay for install on the mirror or foglamps (though I thought both were standard for 2011?) as both combined are maybe 2 hours of driveway work.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Bought a in-transit 2011 Limited last week, for $25,604 with moonroof, all-weather floor mats, homelink mirror, splash guards, remote start and puddle lights.

Expected delivery is June 24th. It's the first Subaru in our family's long history with Hondas, hope I don't regret it!

If you're at all handy with mechanical stuff don't pay for install on the mirror or foglamps (though I thought both were standard for 2011?) as both combined are maybe 2 hours of driveway work.

That's something I considered, but it appeared that I was getting these items at invoice (the dealer echoed this fact). I did a quick calculation, and it looks like I'm getting about 2% below total dealer invoice with that pricing--which is directly comparable to VIP pricing without the hassle of a 6 month wait.

I did think about mud flaps, but I held off beyond the above list in order to preserve a little cash for an accessport. Still wish-washy on that one, though.

Can anyone confirm the BASE MSRP of a 2011 LGT? OP??
All are limited and include moonroof.

MSRP 31,395 Invoice$29,259

All are limited and include moonroof.

So, does anyone have any comments about the pricing I've received? Should I expect to see anything lower?

Also, does anyone have any commentary on the Cobb 1 tune? Am I being overly cautious in worrying about damage down the road?

http://www.edmunds.com/media/trans_1x1.gif

As long as you keep up with your oil changes and stay away from bad gas, the stage 1/2 tune should be fine.

If you want to have more peace of mind, you can spend another $150 and get a e-tune from infamous 1, which will be more customized for your elevation and local climate.

If you want to have more peace of mind, you can spend another $150 and get a e-tune from infamous 1, which will be more customized for your elevation and local climate.

Do you know where I can get more information on that?

• 3 weeks later...
I was told 6-10. Can't come soon enough.

Well, since my dealer can't tell me yet (because they don't have the invoice yet from the factory) whether or not the media hub is standard on 2011 LGTs tells me that I won't make the "6 weeks" end of your time estimate. That would put my car on the ground here in MN tomorrow or Friday, and that ain't happenin'. :mad: But 10 weeks would put it being delivered August 14th, and I think it'll beat that by a bit.

What price did you get? And for what options?

I got $30,126 for an LGT with fog lamps (found out they're standard), puddle lights, short throw shifter, lip spoiler, and homelink/compass rearview.

Just wanna check to see if I could have done better!

What price did you get? And for what options?

I got $30,126 for an LGT with fog lamps (found out they're standard), puddle lights, short throw shifter, lip spoiler, and homelink/compass rearview.

Just wanna check to see if I could have done better!

I got VIP pricing. Invoice of $29,984 plus my options (all weather floor mats, homelink mirror, spoiler, STi short throw shifter, crago tray, media hub, fog lights, block heater, & front plate bracket)

$31,687 plus T,T &L. I'm told around $34K even out the door.

Archived