LegacyGT.com

Emissions warrenty?

Ok a buddy of mine has a 07 Forester, and i was wondering what subarus warrenty is on emissions. I found one referance to emissions warrenty in a google search which says its a 15, 150. But i didnt find any more soucres that stated this. Reason I ask is we droped off his forester yesterday which had a emission code p1443 at a local dealer. They are saying it is no longer covered under the factory warrenty.

The only info i have been able to find is the basic, powertrain, driveline, and rust.

Code p1443 indicates a problem with the evap vent control solenoid valve function which falls under emissions catigory.

Thanks for your time and help

Coincidentally my wife bought a '10 forester this week and I asked about the emissions warranty. At least on the new cars, the warranty is something like 15 years like you stated. It should cover pretty much anything emissions related.

If you read the fine print, the only thing really covered are the catalytic converters, which is a government mandated warranty.

The cats are the only direct emissions control devices on the car. Everything else is a secondary device. The secondary devices are only covered under the 3yr/36k

OP, it could simply be a loose gas cap.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived