LegacyGT.com

Radiator/Fan Shroud compability

Hi there.

Since years i've been loking into Subaru to get one that fits my budget.

Recently i got luck in lurking and got a nice Legacy 1 GT from ebay.

Last weekend we've been doing the timing belt. Because of the years that passed the rust blooms at the radiator and

we killed the lower holes that holds the two fan shrouds at the radiator.

I've been looking since now everywhere to get that fan shrouds but thats pretty much useless - I find nothing except complete fan assemblys that are way to expensive.

Subaru is not much driven around here so i have no luck on the junkyard. Online Stores i checked out dont sell this ether.

Where could i get such a thing?

Maybe other fan assemblys from other Legacy versions fit? GT-B maybe? Some other? Impreza maybe?

I found an offer on ebay selling a complete radiator with fans + shrouds on ebay for a GT-B. May they fit?

Or does someone here have some?

There aren't any junk yards near you that have other Legacys which might have a fanshroud or even an entire radiator?

EDIT:

Duh, I should learn to read.

Rads in the first gen are different from rads in the Impreza and later generation Legacys, as far as I know. Additionally, there's a difference between the rads in the Turbos and the N/As. You may have some trouble tracking down the right fan shrouds for your Legacy.

I do think some people who own the 2.2L Turbo have been using aftermarket Impreza rads. Your best bet is to check legacycentral.

Archived