LegacyGT.com

Not Impressed With Cosmo Racing's CAI

So I got my CAI from Cosmo Racing today, completely remove the stock air box, and begin fitting the CAI pipes. Right away I find that all of the clamps are the same size, and that isn't big enough for the hose that attaches to the airflow sensor assembly. So I took the large clamp off the stock air box to secure the pipe. No big deal. So I'm finished installing the main pipes to the air filter and close up the wheel well, etc. then begin hooking up the smaller hoses. Smaller ones fit fine. The PCV hose, which I believe is the largest of the three, is on the bottom of the pipe, making it impossible to use the old hose. They don't even provide you with anything like an elbow, or hose to complete the installation. So unless I put everything back onto my car, drive to the store and pick up a new hose, I'm stranded. Nice job Cosmo...

Yeah I had some issues installing mine as well. I had trouble getting the piping to bend and fit down thrw the inner fender, and then I was worried about the inner fender cutting the rubber clamp, so I had to cut some hose in half and place it there. Then I had to rig up some way to hold the filter in place so it wasn't rattling all over, and ended up using another hose clamp to just wrap the pipe right about the filter and screwed it to one of the holes on the inner fender. Its a nice setup once its all put in there, but they don't supply you with all the parts, and its a bitch to put it in.

I got the CAI, not the short ram. I'll post a pic in a sec, but yeah, the airflow sensor is right close to the fender wall as well, with the rubber connector rubbing right up against it. The shorter pipe going to the filter got all scratched up as well, but I'm not too concerned since it's not visible. I probably have to go get a length of flexible hose to replace the PCV hose. Total pain in the ass...

LOL, yeah, looks a bit easier. I just popped off my tire and took the snaps off the well cover. Anyway, here's a few shots. Totally stole your idea of cutting some hose and making a grommet where its pushing on the fender hole. Anyway, here we go:

DSC_0730.thumb.jpg.6244e880a0f4602ef47632bdcf253a60.jpg

DSC_0732.thumb.jpg.7936bc5bc9573cbf4460bc39961c9ade.jpg

DSC_0731.thumb.jpg.5caf2f770589532a1bd8788952f8bc6c.jpg

DSC_0735.thumb.jpg.79fe9053d84de7596ab6fa4bd6c2f3c7.jpg

that is weird. mine i had to clip about 3/4" off that hose to connect right. yours is way out there. consistency? how did you get the maf so close to the fender? the pipe in my fender is jammed against the outside of the fender and my maf is still further away. I don't get it.

Archived