LegacyGT.com

Widest people have gone.

Kemosavi

I found some DPE's that I want. However they are 18x8 up front and 18x10 in the rear. I am not sure of the offset at this point in time. I will find out more.

However the widest I have found people running on the Legacy is 9.5 at like an et38 offset.

Is there some rule to not run staggered on all wheel drive cars. I thought I had read that somewhere. I have friends that own shops that roll and pull fenders that can hook me up so that isnt a problem.

I am running Cobb Tuning lowering springs. Which are rated for 1" lower in front and 1.5" lower in the back.

Think I will have issues with the wheel clearing, and not touching, the spring?

And I am guessing I might have to take out the fender liner. Any other issues I might have.

Sorry car is an 07' Legacy GT.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Staggered wheel setups on our cars is hell on the diff, literally everybody would recommend against a 2" difference, you heard right.

Just about anything wide is going to require a fender roll, just keep that in mind.

Okay I was doing some research and some people say that the width difference is bad. Some say that its not a big deal as long as the diameter of the wheel and tire together is the same. The other down side is that there will be more contact patch and more grip on the rear tires over the front tires because of the width therefore causing differential problems. The way to over come that is to run the same size tire. But the fact that there would be a 2" width difference front to rear that wouldnt be possible.

Any more ideas. My other choice was to run some Rota Grids 18x9.5 all the way around. But that seems like such a common wheel choice, which I dont want to seem like I am copying people. As much as I like them, I really feel like I wanna go with something different but to still sit flush and I wanna be wide. It is a daily driver and I am picking up a Miata for the canyons anyways.

5x100 limits your options on wide wheels. 9.5 is fully possible but needs works, just be ready to make it fit. It's pretty hard to be original with wheels they only make so many in the size you want and fitment, good luck and nobody is ever going to accuse you of copying.

Archived