LegacyGT.com

Disable Factory Chime On An '08 Outback?

Is there anyway to disable the factory door/key/seat belt chime on an '08 Outback? I have a friend who says it's constantly driving her nuts. I was able to get a wiring diagram from Mitchell On Demand for the whole Chime Circuit, but it doesn't show a buzzer or speaker anywhere. My best guess is that it would be part of a control module under the dash. At first I was just thinking I could cut the keysense wire at the ignition switch, but I'm afraid that it might affect other features like the factory immobilizer or the airbag system. I've heard that on some vehicles the chime can be turned off as an option by a dealer? Has anyone done something like this before? Don't tell me this annoying feature doesn't bother anyone else...

Thank you for the response. My apologies for starting yet another post. I usually search thoroughly before posting, but I was in a hurry and after not seeing any related posts in the Interior/Audio section, I just wrote up my question. Moderators, feel free to delete if needed.

Archived