LegacyGT.com

HELLLLLLPPPP Limp mode wont go away any ideas

My car went into limp mode when my turbo blew and now i put a new one in and i cant get it out of limp mode!!!! It's throwing me tps codes with the check engine light on and cruise blinking. I tried disconnecting the battery that doesnt work tried turning the key on and pumping the brakes 5 times that didnt work please someone fill me in.. someone said that it might be that only subaru can reset it with their subaru comps.

You can reset the codes with an ordinary code reader or remove the battery cable, push the brake pedal for a minute (not pump, just press) with ignition on, then take a break of 20 minutes and go back.

And if you still get the codes post the actual codes. Purchasing a code reader is a good idea.

Also see this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5gt-turbo-oil-supply-banjo-bolt-filter-removal-61689p41.html

453747.png

Update: Hooked it up to a Subaru computer still couldn't pull the codes.... P2109 Tps sensor minimum performance is the code.. I pulled all the relays under the dash, they are all fine. I am going to replace the tps sensor monday see if that works.. any one have similar problems.

Update: Hooked it up to a Subaru computer still couldn't pull the codes.... P2109 Tps sensor minimum performance is the code.. I pulled all the relays under the dash, they are all fine. I am going to replace the tps sensor monday see if that works.. any one have similar problems.

When you are doing that also check that the throttle isn't sticking in some way. The code indicates that the opening of the throttle isn't what the ECU expects, and that can be due to a sensor fault, motor fault or something sticking.

453747.png

My 09 LGT did that when i overboosted (stupid Invidia wastegate divider) i disconnected the battery for the night and reconnected it the next day, went back to normal, on a seperate occasion i just used my tactrix 2.0 and learning view and hit "reset ecu" worked as well, however the way you describe the persistence of yours im not sure if that will help :(

Archived