LegacyGT.com

3.0R owners! I need your help!

I have owned my 3.0R since February and I bought it used for 5,200miles. In the beginning when I owned the car, I could hardly hear the engine sound when I am in the car, the car is usually very quiet. However, right now my car has 13,000miles and in my car I could hear a very low humming sound.

Does all your cars have the same low humming sound? May I being too paranoid? :lol:

It really could be as easy as your tires wearing down. What I've done with previous cars, it it's bad enough to be concerned about, is I've gone to the service dept. at a reliable dealership and driven around with a mechanic to see what they think. Sounds like you might be too paranoid though haha

Thanks for the replies!

Well, I am talking about the car is being still and isn't moving. When the car is moving, the car seems to sound fine. On a side note, is it normal for the rpm to increase when I turn my steering wheel? I realized that whenever I turn my steering slightly, the rpm would jump by a bit.

Mine's noisy- has been since new. Always has a low growl that is particularly noticeable at low speeds/rpm- such as parking. Mine sounds almost like a dying power steering pump; the pump would have died by now if it really were the cause. One explanation I've gotten is that it's common- the long cam drive chains are inherently noisy in this particular engine design.

Mine gets quieter as speed picks up, to the point of being unnoticeable above about 20mph.

Mine's noisy- has been since new. Always has a low growl that is particularly noticeable at low speeds/rpm- such as parking. Mine sounds almost like a dying power steering pump; the pump would have died by now if it really were the cause. One explanation I've gotten is that it's common- the long cam drive chains are inherently noisy in this particular engine design.

Mine gets quieter as speed picks up, to the point of being unnoticeable above about 20mph.

Yeah, I had the same theory as yours. I think it is the design of the engine that is causing this but I just wanted to be sure.

Archived