LegacyGT.com

Guaging Interest: Norcal bay area BBQ & install day

wpmarky

Took your name off, sorry you can't come. See you Sunday anyways tho? Might have some leftovers we can cook up =p

Last night I PM'ed the address to everyone else that's mentioned they can likely make it, if you need the addy just let me know!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Sounds like the farewell party for a good friend who's moving to SoCal will end up being this Saturday at our place.

If that happens, I won't be able to make it either. :-(

Looks like I won't be able to make it. I discovered a flat today. It's pretty obvious why - there's a big something or other stuck in the tire. I took it to the local tire shop. The guy looks at it for half a second and pronounces it unfixable. The hole's too close to the sidewall – no safe way to patch it. I've got too many miles on my stock tires to get away with buying just one (awesome all wheel drive), so I'm buying four new tires for my Volks, which haven't been on the car yet. The tires won’t be here in time, and I don't want to drive all the way down there on the spare at highway speeds, so unfortunately I'll have to make it another time. Eat an extra hotdog for me. :(

Sweet, bump for tomorrow!

I'll probably start the grill around noon, hopefully there's someone there with food that we can put on it? =p

Oh here's what I'll be doin to my car in case anyone wants to watch/help:

Group-N tranny mount install

Group-N Tranny mount bushing install

Group-N Rear shifter bushing install

PIAA Horns install

Rear diff fluid flush w/ Subaru Extra-S

Re-grease front sway bar bushings

Re-grease Cobb STS

I'll be starting at 10 to make sure I finish early enough to help anyone else with their install.

~Mark

408-365-4749

Maybe I'll grab some of your sway bar grease and re-grease my front/rear Cobb sway bars..

I'm also thinking of doing spark plugs and/or transmission cooler (5EAT). Anyone ever installed a transmission cooler before?

I was originally wanting to do that same thing but no auto parts stroe in my area has the LFR7AIX plugs in stock =(

I just called the store on El CAmino and they have 6 in stock:

2355 EL CAMINO REA

SANTA CLARA, CA 95050

408) 247-3525

Autozone Part Number:

XP5325

OEM Brand:

NGK

OEM Part Number:

LFR7AIX

I was originally wanting to do that same thing but no auto parts stroe in my area has the LFR7AIX plugs in stock =(

I planned ahead :-)

Actually, I needed to order some wipers, and found Amazon had the best prices for LFR6AIX (I go one step colder due to stage 2+) and it would get me free shipping.. Since I knew I wanted to do plugs SOMETIME in the next 6 months, it just made sense..

oooh, heat gun... think I could borrow that to clear my headlights?

ofcourse, though there's a plastic polish that my cousin has, at the dealership where he works, that may work just as well. It's the first thing I did when I purchase my car... :cool:

Archived