LegacyGT.com

Concerned about transmission

Hello!!!!

Yesterday I had my valve body and turbine speed sensor replaced.

Transmission wasn't working, I was getting hard shift knocks on every gear change.

These shift knocks started about 15,000 miles ago, but I ignored them because they were hard to duplicate for the dealer and you know how it is. If a dealer doesn't feel or sees the error code, won't look into it, at best just an ECU update and reset.

My concern is, if this going to happen again. Anyone had problems like these?

Anyone would guess what would cause this, the car is 31K miles.

Does lower octane have anything to do with it?

Thanks!!!

Keep using lower octane gas and you'll have another post titled "Concerned about engine', where it is making hard knocks. Stop trying to save under $2 per tank and use premium!

Another 08/09 5eat story... Don't even know where to begin. Did the replacement work completely fix the issue? I would yet in touch with the dealer again just to make sure they remember you so that if they did not treat the cause then they will be better to you if you do come back in for it. But since the valvebody is an incredibly complex thing with lots of things on it that could fail, and then with the curve ball of the speed sensor, I personally could only make up wild guesses. Solenoid comes to mind. Either way this shouldn't replicate itself from what comes to mind, but know that the 5eat is the most complex system on your car, and I personally only understand a tiny bit of it.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Another 08/09 5eat story... Don't even know where to begin. Did the replacement work completely fix the issue? I would yet in touch with the dealer again just to make sure they remember you so that if they did not treat the cause then they will be better to you if you do come back in for it. But since the valvebody is an incredibly complex thing with lots of things on it that could fail, and then with the curve ball of the speed sensor, I personally could only make up wild guesses. Solenoid comes to mind. Either way this shouldn't replicate itself from what comes to mind, but know that the 5eat is the most complex system on your car, and I personally only understand a tiny bit of it.

something happened to yours?

Archived