LegacyGT.com

What would cause valve body to fail?

LegacyFuture

I just got home from dealer, the valve body was replaced. I was having jerks/hard shift knocks when changing gears, had the car towed.

What would cause this? Would lower octane be related?

I was driving home, I got one small hard shift knock, makes me concerned that this would happen again and something is killing the valve body.

Like you said already, them replacing the valve body doesn't necessarily mean it was the valve body that crapped out. It would not be related to octane if it is coming from the transmission. If it is slamming gears after the valve body replacement it could be something else, like clutchpacks (slipping between gears at all?), bands, etc. Keep in mind that replacing the VB means the TCU has to be reset and will re-learn your driving. It is normal to act a bit funny for the first few miles/drives.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking back at this, a big piece of the puzzle is obviously missing. The simple answer is the valve body is defective. But I suspect something entirely different happened.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived