LegacyGT.com

Shocks And Mounts Questions

oyway

Hello!

I wrote here before, and I'm back! My name is Daniel, I'm living in Israel and I have 1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Station Wagon), 2 Liter Turbo, not the 2.2L...

My Legacy is the only Turbocharged Legacy in Israel, But there are a lot of Impreza's Turbo.

As I learned here in this great forum, Impreza shocks should fit to my Legacy, but with different mounts.

I'm want to choose coilovers for my legacy and I have few questions.

The first, and big question, Because there are no any sporty Legacy's here from the first generation of the Legacy, it is impossible to find coilovers for Legacy, only for Impreza, I found Coilovers that should fit to the first Impreza, will they fit to my Legacy?

And a pretty expected question, which coilovers should I take?

In Israel I can order:

Tein Basic for 1,814.73$

Weitec Coilover Hicon GT for 2,233.52$

Maybe I can also find Bilstein pss9 or pss10, but I guess it will be very expensive.

An other option is to order standard Impreza Turbo shocks and springs from a Subaru Dealer here in Israel, But it should be very expensive too because the Subaru dealers here are rubbish.

I want to buy new shocks because my shock are doomed, they are very old.

I thought about taking Tein Basic, I heard good things about them. What is your professional opinion?

The shocks shouldn't be too hard, I don't want to break my back.

And, an other question:

I will also change the shocks mount, My mechanic told me that the mounts are normal legacy mounts, which we also do have here in the small and hot country, So I called The Subaru dealer few minutes a go and he told me that every mount will be about 550 Israel New Shekel, which is 153.55$!!!

I found on EBAY and Amazon some mounts in much cheaper prices, like this

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/KYB-SM5243-Strut-Mount/dp/B000HDF43I]Amazon.com: KYB SM5243 Strut Mount: Automotive[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/KYB-SM5361-Strut-Mount/dp/B000C42STA]Amazon.com: KYB SM5361 Strut Mount: Automotive[/ame]

This mounts should fit my car, right?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Daniel.

Archived