LegacyGT.com

Bug shield Install - Help!

Subiedrew

Hey everyone - Need a bit of help here. I purchased an OEM bug shield for the front of my 2006 OBW but when installed i can't close my hood all the way. Anyone else have this problem or has installed one successfully? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey mark34, thanks for the link. I checked out your pictures and I installed mine exactly the same way. It seems that when it's on think shield makes the hood too thick to fit over the top portion on the grill. Did you have to slam your hood down after you had it on? Maybe a quick trip to the dealer is in the works...

My shield is identical to yours.

If yours looks like mine that could be the problem. There are two different shields; one for the turbo model and one for the 2.5i. Maybe where ever you bought if from gave you the wrong model? And I do have to slam my hood harder but I'm 99% sure its a hood damper related problem.

I bought one of these and it was a piece of crap. Was uneven on both sides and the holes didn't line up properly with the brackets. Are your metal brackets pushed all the way on to the hood? I had to actually pull a few of mine half way off for the screws to align.

• 4 weeks later...

***UPDATE****

So after attempting to install it 4 times without success, I booked it in at the dealer to have them put it on.

It turns out that the clips that attach to the hood just above the grill were just off so they were hitting the grill as the hood closed. So easy...they only charged me $30 to install it as I had done most of the work already.

So for those of you out there trying to do one yourself...check the placement of your clips!!

• 4 months later...

Archived