LegacyGT.com

Low boost, smell coolant..

I just had a RalliTEK stage III setup installed...AVO TMIC, Upipe, Cobb downpipe, AVO 380 turbo, Deatschwerks injectors, fuel pump AccessPORT and car ran great (37,000 miles).

A few days later I took my car back to RalliTEK and had TGV deletes and and an AVO intake installed. Car was running 22.2 psi boost per AccessPORT. Drove about 50 miles and suddenly got rough idle and a max of 13.2 boost. Car feels smooth when accelerating and at speed, only the rough idle and low boost. Here is the kicker...the next day I drove it a short distance and got AccessPORT code P0171 System too lean (bank 1) and smelled a strong odor of coolant. I looked under the car and in the engine compartment but found no coolant leaks.

I used the AccessPORT to clear the code, however the car ran the same but the code has not reappeared.

Diagnosis? And, is it safe to drive it back to RalliTEK? (approx. 70 miles).

sounds like a boost leak. coolant smell is either nothing or a secondary problem

Where do you think the boost leak is coming from? The coolant smell doesn't seem like it would be a coincidence.

Update:

RalliTEK is awesome, and you guys have savee. Vacuum hose under intercooler popped off, and coolant from when they worked on it initially caused smell, no leaks. As Jeremy Sells the service manager said, the stock "T" and hoses are not meant to handle aftermarket boost, which was 22.2 psi in my case. I can't say enough good things about those guys, they were great. Sean Sexton tuned for my TGV deletes and intake, giving me a custom map. As Andrew told me (did most of the install) "Your car rips now." I highly recommend them, I will be taking my car there for the life of it.

Thanks again to all of you I sent messages to and vise versa, you were right on the mark with only limited online info (bowing at this time).

Archived