LegacyGT.com

E-Brake light on, no power steering.

so for the past week or so, my car would make sqeaky noises and the steering wheel would vibrate when turning slow like turning into a parking space. then this morning, i turn on my car and try to pull away from the curb and i cant turn the wheel. it feels like the car has no power steering. the brake and battery lights are on. i haven't checked the power steering fluid yet but has any one else experienced this?

UPDATE:

checked the ps fluid, still good. got the car inspected. there was damage to one of the belts. gonna have the belts replaced. hopefully thats the extent of the damage.

Battery light makes sense, the belt may have gone bad, lost tension, or maybe an idler pulley froze up and ruined the belt. Either way it looks like you're getting it taken care of.

The brake light could mean your brake pads are low.. but I don't think it's relevant to your power steering issue. When the brake fluid hits a certain point in the reservoir, the light trips. As pads get worn, the fluid will recede in the reservoir to take up the slack the piston left behind as it's pushed out more.

Archived