LegacyGT.com

Tint concern with 05 Legacy

illt3ck

I've noticed that when my windows get a bit dusty I can see the outline of what looks like two bars (I assume they are guiders / reinforcement) on each of my windows.

My concern is having my car tinted for $200+ then having these same bars damaging the tint itself.

Has anyone had this problem?

If they can see that its a problem there then they just won't tint all the way to the edges. I haven't had any problems with my tint being damaged by these guides, so you are probably safe. Point it out to the tint shop and they can probably tell you if there is any risk.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

$200 whoa i paid 159 w/ tax for 3m film

That's because you are in Boise. Prices go up when the demand goes up. About $170 - $200 is what the average seems to be around here for tint anyway. It does get better than 3M, so the price can get above the $200 range, but most of us are below or near $200.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've noticed that when my windows get a bit dusty I can see the outline of what looks like two bars (I assume they are guiders / reinforcement) on each of my windows.

My concern is having my car tinted for $200+ then having these same bars damaging the tint itself.

Has anyone had this problem?

I too have these "bars", but they on the outside of the window. I have 35% tint all the way around and haven't had any issues with the tint (and I have had the windows down quite a few times in the past couple weeks).

-S

Archived