LegacyGT.com

OBXT and LGTW differences

This is not something so standard... I know some of them, but when I was searching, there were a lot of people calling others wrong... so I want to outline the few differences there are, solutions (if there is a problem), and then confirm on those that were not 100% reliable in my searching. For reference I am assuming 2005 OBXT and 2005 LGTW

1 - Suspension: ok, this is a given. the suspension in more pliable on the OBXT. smaller swaybars. This should be able to be fixed like any other car, and get struts and springs (bilsteins, and rallitek springs) and some sways (perrin). both should have identical hookup right? or maybe not because of the below?

2 - body lift - ok, this is something I saw on a few posts and not on others. aside from suspension, the OBXT has a body lift on it. do we know how much of a lift? and how is it lifted? is it built into the frame via different pickup points? spacers where the body rests on the frame? any way yo remove the lift?

3 - brakes - There were a couple that said the brakes were smaller, others said they were the same... confirm? If they are smaller, the LGT brakes should bolt right up correct? on the same token, shouldnt the 04 STI brakes bolt up as well? this would give the more desired braking ability correct?

4 - wheels/tires - the tires have a higher profile and are less performance oriented... simple fix, replace them. I'm assuming you can tune the new tire size into the CPU to adjust the speedo, correct? never actually gotten into that aspect of tuning, just the performance side. Wheels, same size at least?

5 - Transmission - This was argued, and then never heard from again... the 5MT is indeed the same or different? I heard the final drive is higher, but is that possibly because of the center differential or front/rear differentials having a different ratio and not the gears? anything definitive here? if the tranny is different, is it weaker? do we know the individual gear ratios?

6 - rear differential - argued both ways that the rear diff on the OBXT is and is not the LSD of the LGT. any final word, maybe from a dealer who can look up parts?

7 - body work - different bumper cover with larger fogs, longer rear bumper to hide exhaust, fender flares bolted on same way a wranglers are, roof rack is raised and not compacted.

8 - interior is identical except for the legacy badges are changed for outback.

* Motor is the exact same in all aspects.

Sorry for making this so long, just a lot of misinformation that should be cleared up. From what I can gather, the only things you really need to do to get the OBXT performing like or better then the LGTW is the springs, shocks, sways, and brakes... not that much money... less then 2k (unless going BBK)

T

Archived